Sunday, April 10, 2011

Side snapping soaker!

A lovely lady on the Diaper Sewing Divas board put up a tutorial on how to convert the soakers into snapping ones, and her design is beautiful.  When we get it worked up, I'll post the pattern alterations and a picture tutorial. 

Until then, I am working on alterations for making PUL/fleece covers from the soaker patterns.  It doesn't take a lot of alterations to make one of these.  The one in this picture (the red one) was made with the large pattern for the body and the medium pattern for the waistband and leg cuffs.  It fits my 25 lb one year old (his birthday is Saturday) perfectly.  It is shown next to a white, size medium Stacinator PUL/fleece cover and on my beautiful baby boy.  Hopefully, I'll be able to add a tutorial and patterns for this soon.

9 comments:

ksaldivar said...

i sooooooooooo cant wait for the pattern

thewildunknown said...

Could you post a link to the tutorial in the meantime?

Katrina said...

Click on the word tutorial in the blog post.

RH said...

Wow! This is awesome. I also can't wait to see the pattern. I've seen the tute, but your pattern would clear it up for me definitely. I just started cutting for 2 soakers, haven't sewed them yet. Can't wait for the snaps pattern! Thanks so much for doing it!

Alia said...

Hi!

Im your follower!

I really like ur blog! Keep up the good work!

Do visit mine too at http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

Dana and Tiff said...

Here is my dilemma...I have two little boys who are potty trained but keep peeing the bed at night...I really don't want to put them back in diapers (one is almost 4) or pullups because I don't want them to think they can just pee because they have a "diaper" on. So, I want to make them some night time "underwear" that will end the daily laundry of sheets and blankets...I really think that this pattern could work, but I don't know enough about the different fabrics and whatnot to know how to do it...could I use three layers...and outter of fleece, then a layer of PUL, then an inner of fleece to absorb the pee? Do you think this would work and/or do you have a better suggestion?!?!

Katrina said...

It might be overkill to use both PUL and fleece. I wouldn't put a layer of fleece on the inside if you want the boys to feel wet when they pee. It may take some experimenting to get the right number of layers of absorbant material on the inside since each child is different. Sorry I'm not a lot of help. I never got around to making trainers out of these.

Ronins Mom said...

Was there ever a pattern posted for this? I like the tutorial but it kind of makes my brain hurt without a pattern! lol

Anonymous said...

i love those cute soakers
pls post the pattern

check out my link to make money
http://cash.zipnadazilch.com/index.php?referral=469978